So I stayed




We live in a world whose values are diametrically opposite to goodness. I cannot turn for advice, for their mouths are foul with pride and their hearts sing of selfishness. 
I now know that what is good will never get approval from those who claim to hold your hand. True teachers are silenced and burnt, while men of shallow minds rise to the surface like dead fish and spit their empty teachings. 
To become great, you must straighten your back and speak out in confidence on worldly affairs with complex words and expensive ties. To become great, you must train yourself into a lack of kindness until cruelty becomes the language you speak. 
The mothers are becoming fathers, and the fathers are pink and sensitive like newborns. 
Loneliness is thought to strengthen the softness of heart, and to surrender is seen as weakness of the mind. 
I have never been part of this great pretence of following, and I never belonged. For I kept myself locked and alone since the day I was born, refusing to merge with the wave of obedience.  

God whispered to me: stay. So I stayed. And I kept close to my heart all that contradicts the loud impositions of the world. I am neither holy nor pure, and my mind is as soiled as muddy waters. Yet I know I will never believe a word that drops from the mouths of “great” men, of their illusory heroes, I will never wallow in the mundane pleasures of an upside down love and I will never forget God’s overture to become a heart of humility and surrender. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts