My name is Amphitrite



I’m that which is dark and holy 
I break and burn and burn and burn. 
I do not belong here. I am not of this world. 
I have my black Lord 
and I have you. 
If you taste - my skin is salt. My body is a seabed. 

And let me 
let me explode and spread wide. 
I am your chaos, you are mine. 

The moon is gaping its mouth at me: what do you want? 
I swear I love you, I’ll say I do, I do.  
I see through. 
and I offer myself at your feet and the feet of God, 
I am your secret I am a prayer I am the taste on your lips. 

once I was the sea. look at me 
my eyes are what remained. Do you see? 
Solitude is etched on our skins. 

In you I have found my madness; and I will never dance alone again. 

I became a forest; my hair, saffron roots that ground me to soil. 
things not of this world draw me in: the dead, the shadows, the dark corners 
a miracle: you. 
I do, I do. 

My skin is a sea shell; I am yours to open 
please wear me around your neck. 

Please do not forget

me 

I will not renounce my dream; 
I am the moonbeam 
that bleeds through the cracks of your heart; I am your moonbeam. 

And here goes 
an end to the wanderings of those that have gone astray 
like me. 
I am saved. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts