Relapse




my mind is parched like a dried up fish from a lack of sea. 
I’ve carried the scars of unfaithfulness on my skin since the day I was born. 

I happened upon a pained world that I failed to fathom 
and my life became an apostasy, looking from god to god;
every morning - a renaissance
every spring - a reconstruction of faith. 

All that I love withdraws with precision 
at exact timings, I am left to bear the punishment of inadequacy 
and I wail the name of God with disgrace 
for I dwindle the gifts that he offered me. 

I pray forgiveness for my frailty of heart,
for my incapability to be the daughter, 
the sister, the friend, the lover and the wife.

My heart is a cavern, the entrance not to be found. 
                                               
I pray forgiveness for I am flawed 
and I am darkened by circumstance. 



Comments

Popular Posts