First Darshan of my Heart




The moment comes. As if my whole life has been culminating to this point, experiences  accumulated like dust and impure waters went through my body like polluted rivers. Only now to be released into an explosion of thoughtless emotion. 

I fall to the ground and let my forehead press into the stones. For once, my heart is higher than my mind as I lie down in surrender. My voice withers like winter and I cannot sing, overwhelmed with happiness at your arrival. I find what I sought for so long. 

My only shelter, in your shadow my thoughts stop dead. Now I know surrender as I have no taste for my tired mind, or the meagre happenings of my daily life. 
I surrender at your lotus feet with greatest care, and I never leave. 
My face is a source of rain and thunder and my heart spills with warm love for you who took  me out from the brown rust of my old life. 

With your arrival, I take the first Darshan of my Heart. The boy in Blue is there, bent like a river of grace into depth. 



Let me stay here under the dust of your feet and never leave. 


***  
saḿsāra-dāvānala-līḍha-loka-
trāṇāya kāruṇya-ghanāghanatvam

prāptasya kalyāṇa-guṇārṇavasya
vande guroḥ śrī-caraṇāravindam


"The spiritual master is receiving benediction from the ocean of mercy. Just as a cloud pours water on a forest fire to extinguish it, so the spiritual master delivers the materially afflicted world by extinguishing the blazing fire of material existence. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is an ocean of auspicious qualities."

Comments

Popular Posts