Moksha




from substanceless words my journey rises like a dumb fish 

I pour myself too with hope I'll find Him there between solid walls of this head that keeps me closed and intact 

a doorless house: the windows of my own dark soul cleanse with each deep drum stroke 
a mantra to unshackle 
and my throat seeps with song perhaps rivers until river is the blood keeping my bones afloat 

with light I unpeel from it all like the skin of snakes 
I am 
pure as the saffron sages 
I am
pure as a mother 

and I, as circles, flow not against but with it for once, 
no more green interruptions from the sharp-nosed men that tried me as catch for their stale mouths 

I arrive to where I unfold 
marry stone marry stone and the scarred roads on my wrists have wrinkled into a blind spot
now unnoticeable
I have fallen a long way 

and now

new as a foetus ruptured from blind comforts 
my chest erupts in song like birds I crushed with my own darkness 

and my heart streams back to the source 

Comments

Popular Posts