eyes shut

stars flicker - corpses of dreams
hanging from dark sky dissolving blue 
leaning on top of my head 
like a newborn baby’s ceiling of glue-me-on stars 
to fool me into safety

the roots traversing my body
- up and down and up -
break and twist. 
sky bleeds 
goodbyes with its terrible dusk.

night drowns me with a silence that
drops like tears. night drowns me.
I carry a fruitless story inside me, unreturned 
unanswered; 
I carry a story inside me 

every day, it grows. I do not believe in way-outs 
or escapes anymore. 

a story irrevocable that travels with me,
carved on every hand that I dare to love, 
written on the walls of every room and every heart,
spoken in every language 
and every world.

unable to grow 
I drop like a fish
breathless and
immutable. 

Comments

Popular Posts