Reward

I keep enclosed in a small piece of glass
hermetic, no air can get through
a small, dead scorpion -

his tail is intact, the sharp end,
well crafted legs, arms wide opened 
welcoming my sweet, warm meat 
my scorching blood - a suspired feast 

He reminds me of an unattainable death
I tried a sort of revival: I prayed for him, lips stuck to the little piece of glass
whispering incantations.
God does not play games.
I buried him underneath the moist earth and let the worms entangle 
around my little lover
but the scorpion is still dead.

I hear his hiss constantly 
day in day out
a brutish ghost following me so small that
he is the corpse of a child.

Tomorrow I will break the glass and let him sit on my hand 
feed his little dead body, nurture him back to life.
I am the owner that he will candidly adore.

One day, I will bring him back; he knows what he has to offer in exchange.
the scorpion will not be dead anymore 
but fatal.
All I will ask him for is
his piercing kiss, ardent and beholden 
that will bestow me the perpetual darkness I have longed for.

Comments

Popular Posts