Only you get burnt

there is a punishment for each drop of blood
squeezed out of this body
there is a return for every departure, a comeback 
for every hampered and suppressed sentiment.

I ask what I have done to get this 
but who do I ask? everything turned to shadows
black and transparent 
dancing on walls of this room.

Every time I fall, my tears are not wasted.
my love for you, although dismissed, is not wasted.
I gather them both and turn them to gold. 

I paint my hair red and my soul black
(Do you ever think of coming back?)
for every wound there is a price 
I can forgive, but my scars will remain.

You refuse even a word from me, even a light touch 
so you block me out, throwing the stones that I offered you as a gift
back at me 
(Who do you think you are?)

Unanswered questions will crawl at you, demanding answers.
I shed my skin like a cold blooded animal 
hissing at your brutal desire for meat,
at your earthly crave for my body, and not for my thoughts.

I will not let it, buried as I am 
I will slither out of the ground and haunt.
My name will be stamped on the lips of your other women 
my touch engraved in your skin and theirs
the touch that clasped your breath and put it back into your body
(Did you forget?)

I am tired of you all, 
you creatures of lust that know nothing of our pain,
owning a world that is not yours.

Do not smirk or laugh
You are nothing but another man.



Comments

Popular Posts