Kindling

I rise, I rise 
from the black and white amalgamation of ashes - mine and yours.
The pain is still here, as fierce and brutal as before 
but it is part of me now so I hold on to it.
I do not believe in healing anymore.
I believe in transformation. 
We are dragged down continually as we become chaos
chaos becomes us 
but we never succumb. 

I find beauty and solidness in these broken pieces:
a mosaic of wars, wars, beatings and wounds 
glass, stone and colour, an impeccable imperfection 
of your life and mine. 

It is the vivid, crude nature of suffering that makes us whole and rooted.
I want to feel the earthly agony of the world and its exaltations
and absorb it all in like a mad atom. 

If there was ever such thing as separation, 
I was wrong. 
It is a mocking game that the world plays on us -
displacing our arms pulling left and right, up and down 
what is right what is wrong:
illusory concepts that are tenuous bricks making up our lives. 

I do not want to make a choice, the path has always been straight 
no curves, no divergent ways. 
I follow it and accept the stones that crack my feet, the wind that 
slaps my face, the blankness - it is all part of my journey. 

And if I fall and crumble, I come back
defeated but never identical, always changeable.
The fall moulds me, the pain sculptures me into something new
something stronger, something impregnable. 

I wake to find a new dawn that I neglected for so long 
the celestial beauty that holds
the end of night and the rise of a new day 
the sun and the moon 
lightness and darkness 
all synchronously in the gentle advent of morning. 

Comments

Popular Posts