help

I am tired of dragging my life around 
like a sack full of stones, a sack
of dead bodies - all mine.
every morning I polish my heart up and clothe it to give the impression of
something
demanding love or respect.

words don’t save me, 
they do no good 
turning my story in this horrible cliche lived by so many others.

words:
keeping me awake - 
a constant din beating and beating in my head,
squirming like worms on rained earth,
dragging their sharp claws on my mind until blood comes out
my blood, young and fresh with a strange taste of metal 

my head will explode 
deathless creatures will crawl out of it, broken mirrors 
untold stories, a rusty love now green and mouldy - once red and soft like blood cells.

spring outside: a hopeful thought
nearly bringing rebirths, cells dying new growing
a beautiful transformation - I believed in it.

I believed I made up a story to keep me occupied,
I made up you to love so I have someone,
I turned my life into a maudlin Greek tragedy, 
a Shakespearean tale 
to get me through winter.
I believed there was a way out.

but I constructed us - a child’s lego game with no instructions 
with broken pieces, missing pieces 
a fault becoming real.

the words and the dead drawings of you and me
converged spirits, 
at night they rose like ghosts 
gathering my strength, feeding on my breath 
until one day, they were real - the stories I made up 
happened - a creation flaw that only destroyed and destroyed 

I am utterly exhausted, the walls I built around
to keep me from falling are crumbled at my feet 
bricks of hope, of kindness now turned to dust. 

You cut me up into pieces: well-measured, neatly cut and prepared
like raw meat
And like a fool I gave you everything.
there is nothing left
but a bleeding bundle of veins and toes 
without eyes.

I dissolve like a pill 
unable to pick myself up again 
completely and utterly exhausted.

Comments

Popular Posts