Forgive me


Out of her palms birds spurt out, 
a pleasing pitying of turtledoves
and when she dances, the threads, thinly etched on the white skin,
paint the air with delicacy
and fate - irregular countours growing towards north, east and south and west
and everywhere else.

Her wrists rise up and the blue roads under her skin traverse up and down
carrying a red life of cells hope oxygen love.

The earth is slightly tilted dragging its hurried souls
down down. But she is not scared of falling or of darkness.
Her body swirls and drops 
like a pen scribbling some inked poetry.

Piano keys white black, an imperfect symmetry,
wield her small and incapable fingers
yet capable of shaping his world and hers -
she is a sculptor of happenings. 
The notes expand like balloons and a new story
grows out of the music. 

She now knows: nothing will dissolve her scars
and wipe the blood off her feet 
but her own hands. 
No cursed mouth of a strange man will mend her. There is no need for compassion.

She offered her narrow neck to the sea, 
her eyes to trees, her skin compressed on the paths of mountains,
her arms, legs becoming branches, her mouth becoming leaves, her blood
rivers.

She swallows her face that echoes on the surface of lakes.
The reflections of a woman entangled in unsought lives,
unchosen paths and lovers, 
are gone. She asks for forgiveness.

The black hole that he dredged in her body 
deepened each time she loved. She fills the hole with her own breath. 

She invites me in her chimeric dance - me, a broken
body full of cracks and faults. Her hands even my wrinkles
and my pain crumbles between her fingers.

Today, I fell in love so deeply with her.
My heart is bewildered at this indivisible love that only now was found.
I no longer need you, or anyone else.


Today, I fell in love with myself. 

Comments

Popular Posts