Eye for an eye


I will turn into a tree
and not feel.
I refuse any reality 

I refuse any sort of consolation or love
I scream but my scream 
is not loud enough for them to hear

my skin is neither yellow
nor wrinkly 
I am perfect in their eyes - immortal and strong

If you are going through hell, keep going
If you are going through hell, keep going
The bright words from bright mouths: 

the detached, feelingless advice 
that I grab with both hands. 
No, thank you, I say.

No. I do not accept
anymore 
not a word

not a knock
not an apology that would have never come
not a thank you

I do not need those.
You turned me into this: a tentacled creature
I am now.

The tree never falls
The tree will always be there
rooted and old 

I gather myself - (or what you left of me)
a small bone, a hand, a knee
and paste them back together like a hand-me-down doll. 

I devour, I consume you whole 
like a viper, choking each memory until there is nothing left 
swallowing and crushing each feeling that exhausted me 

The story behind shut doors, shut hearts
did I make it up? (did I make you up)
You were right -

life is all an act
we make up stories to tell, we make up people to love, we make up pain to give us
the illusion that we are alive.  (did I make you up)

One day I will rise 
I will come back: an indissoluble shadow
that will kill, that will kill. 

Comments

Popular Posts