Consortium

Death comes and I invite her in
What a pleasurable guest
her best suit on - black formal ironed immaculate 
no creases, no holes

I ask her if she wants a coffee or a tea
No, all she wants is me
You see, I craved for this love all my life
No one has offered me such plain, black love
no corners, no hesitations

She smells of timelessness and peace
A darkness that no man could ever emanate
Oh what a great surprise

I do not fear her
What frightens me most is not death but life
Life with her unceasing hum of clocks machines trees births weddings 
pink unbreakable bonds between husbands and wives 
I am sick of it all 
It never, never stops going

Wait, wait a moment I begged Life
I begged for her to wait until I pick up the threads of my old life
and sew them back together
She will not hear of it 
she keeps going and going and going 
dumb as lovers

But my righteous guest is always here 
her remoteness soothes my scars, my wounds
a possible escape, immediate and irrevocable 
a permanent lover that will never leave
I grab Death’s hand - a wistful wedding 

I do, I do, I do

Comments

Popular Posts