PrC32.1P.*cF

Where has the darkness gone? 
The complete, utter darkness - I cannot find it. 
I cannot find it anymore, not on streets at night
not between trees, not in my room or in yours
not between buildings, not inside cars 
not even in parks and forests.

It is all light, 
fake and bright
yellow, flickering everywhere 
pervading and wounding. 

I walked last night
to find people with no heads anymore.
Instead of their head, there was nothing
but a small white light. 

Of course
the light is nothing spiritual
not a soul, not an angel of some sort.

It is spurious -
it comes from the blank screens
of the blank machines
that take away what’s left of our mushy brains.

Where is it all gone? 
the days of silence 
and passion, raw and conceivable.

Now we construct our lives
our lovers 
our children
behind networks and wires. 
I sense a prelude 
to a dying world from which 
a new, precise, touchless, feelingless and mechanical world rises day after day.
We are not real anymore.

It frightens me terribly
to watch
bionic souls walking unwittingly,
their minds choked by the unbroken quivering of electric lights 
that perceptibly 
devour and devour. 



Comments

Popular Posts