Lifeless revival

I am sprawled like a floral linen, pink and white.
They straighten me out, all those creases and lacerations.
It is finally happening -
my hands are tied,
the two white pills they gave me dissolve and dissolve in circles.
I can feel them under my tongue, they speak to me. 
Say goodbye, say goodbye
to a dream already gone.
The monsters in white move
and each time they move, their immaculate uniforms crackle, stiff and pale like a corpse. 
Their hands are cold and dry
as they connect my body to machines.
The two white pills, now gone, took away the taste of you left in my mouth.
Soon, soon you will be gone.

Is this what I have become? A conglomeration of cables and wires.
It is finally happening -
the doctor, the God in white with blue hands
smirks.
I am terrified of him.
I scream, I scream but he can hear nothing.
I know why he is here.

Off, off, you brutal cyborg.
He replaces my fat, red heart with a sea, now heaving.
He replaces my crimson blood with blackberries and rain.

I scream, I scream, paralysed and lost. 
They took you away from me, their slow claws puncturing my body, 
clutching you apart.
I cannot find you, I cannot find you
my heart now gone
and instead,

a black sea is drowning all that could have been. 

Comments

Popular Posts