Catch-22

Blood
faint taste of metal and pain on the tip of my tongue.
It is real.
It runs thick and clear.
It knows its way. 

It carries the branches of a life I did not choose - your life. 
(Why did you bring me here?) 
You old, glum thing covered in manuscripts 
and dead languages that no one speaks.

There is nothing behind -
a troubled soul, an empty mind.
I fear your world
dead and dry
concentrates inside me.

You -
the fractured mirror in which my face pulses like hearts.
My face, your face
it is a mere reflection
a change of perspective.
(Why did you bring me here?)

There is nothing between us. 

I have to kill the papery feeling inside.
I know it is you, fluttering.

But the ancient bond is indestructible and fixed.
I cannot be free.
Your sour breath clings to me
and the blood runs deep, deep - it is the same.


To kill you, I have to kill me. 

Comments

Popular Posts